what does youhue cost?
- YouHue is FREE for all schools, classrooms, and student groups for the first year.
- After the first year, YouHue is STILL FREE for all schools that demonstrate financial need.
- For schools that do not demonstrate financial need, there is a yearly cost per student.
- Get in touch to find out the cost for your students.
What is included in the program?
- An account for each student lets them choose their mood, describe it, and send it to their teacher.
- An account for each teacher lets them see all updates from each student.
- Reports and Dashboard access.
- Our dashboard makes it easy for schools to understand their students and how classroom life, academics, and other programs can be improved to better support them.
- The dashboard allows educators to view insights and progress for their students on a group level or an individual level.
- YouHue Lesson Plans. Our team provides research-based lesson plans to our schools.
What age group is youhue best for?
what type of classroom can use youhue?
- Ages 4 - 21.
- The earlier the program is started, the earlier students can start developing healthy habits and behaviors.
- YouHue is used in general, inclusive, and special education classrooms.
- Our support team view each classroom as unique. As such, we fully support the installation process to ensure a setup that fits your classroom's unique needs.
How are students protected on youhue?
- Student Safety: YouHue has a feature that immediately sends an email alert when a student uses a word or phrase that might indicate a safety concern. This email is sent to a designated member of the school's staff (and/or to a parent or guardian) and to a member of the YouHue team, to make sure it is addressed.
- YouHue automatically includes alerts for a set of words and phrases like bullying, depressed, violence. Schools can also add their own alert words and phrases. In this way, we work together with schools to get help to students who need immediate attention.
- Student Data Protection: Student information is only stored on YouHue if the student's parent or guardian has given permission. The only piece of identifying information we use is your student's first and last name.
- Our team uses top technologies and methods to ensure the security of student and teacher data.
- All student data is deleted from our systems when a student stop using the program, or when a school official, parent or guardian requests that the data be deleted.
- Data is only ever used as described (to help teachers better support their students) and is never sold or used for any other purpose.
- For Concerned Parents and Guardians: We understand being protective over data related to our children, so while you're still getting to know us you can opt for your student not to be identified under her name in the app. In this case, your student will be assigned a username but only your school will know who that username belongs to. We never receive your student's name and from our perspective, they're just student0003.
- At YouHue, student wellbeing is our top priority. However, we know it's hard to entrust a stranger with personal information. So, we can create anonymous accounts for students of concerned parents.
- Parents and guardians can try the free version of our app, called YouHue Family.
- It is not exactly the same as our Student version, but it's similar so you can get an idea of what your child will be using.
- The main difference between YouHue Family and the version of the app your student will see is that in YouHue Family people can send mood expressions to each other. In the student version, only your child's teachers will see their mood expression.
- You can find the app here in the App Store.
try youhue for yourself
- Our top five lesson plans:
- The YouHue Emotion Constitution
- Introducing YouHue to the Classroom
- Sandwich Moments (Connecting Mindfulness, Self-Expression, and Self-Regulation)
- Signposting (Helping Students Help Themselves)
- If This / Then That (Connecting Cause, Emotion, and Behavior)
- See them here!
- We also frequently recommend resources from other SEL specialists. If you provide such a resources, feel free to get in touch! We evaluate all resources before recommending them to our schools.