Last updated: October 21st, 2016
Please read this Policy carefully. Your access to or use of any part of the Services will constitute your notice about our collection, use, and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not wish for us to collect, use, and disclose your information in accordance with this Policy, please do not access or use the Services.
By using the Services, you are consenting to:
• the collection, use, and processing of information collected from the online accounts you connect to the Service;
• the sharing of anonymous transaction information with third parties;
• the sharing of personal information, including transaction information, with service providers and vendors;
This policy applies to information we collect:
i. through any of our Services;
ii. in email, text or other electronic messages between you and this App or Website;
iii. through mobile and desktop applications you download from this App or Website or from an application merchant, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this App or Website.
iv. when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Services and does not apply to any third-party activities, including third-party websites linked from our Services, third-party social networking platforms or features we make available through our Services, or third-party ads displayed on our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those third parties.
YouHue is the responsible party or data controller regarding Personal Information collected through our Services. If you have any questions or concerns at any time about your data or privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YouHue collects general and personal information about you when you use our Services and through other interactions and communications you have with us. We consider personal information to be information that can be traced directly back to and that identifies a specific individual or household, such as name, email address, and/or phone number, non-exclusively. We do not consider personal information to include information that alone does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual or household.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) prohibits online service providers from knowingly collecting personal information from children under 13 years of age without verifiable parental consent or notice as applicable (“Consent”). Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using certain features of the Services without Consent.
We are committed to protecting children’s online privacy and complying fully with COPPA. We do not collect any personally identifiable information anywhere on the Sites or Apps except where expressly stated. We believe that children should be able to use the Internet in a safe, productive and efficient manner and should be afforded the highest protection available with respect to their Personal Information.
REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT
To set up a YouHue Edu account, Users are provided with a unique code by the YouHue Team. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we ask for their age, and if they are under 13, we also ask for a parent or guardian’s email address to request parental consent. We do not ask Users who are under the age of 13 to enter any other personal information when setting up an account.
HOW DOES YOUHUE PROTECT CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Protecting children’s privacy is especially important to us. COPPA protects the online privacy of children under the age of 13 (“child” or “children”); for more information about COPPA and generally protecting children’s online privacy, please visit OnGuard Online.
We take many special precautions to protect the privacy of children under 13.
• Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, we also ask for the child’s age, and a parent or guardian email address from the child so we can seek verifiable parental consent or provide parental notice (as applicable).
• We will not use parent emails provided this way to market our Services to the parent, unless the parent has opted in to email marketing or has separately created an account on our Services.
• At our websites, online services or apps intended for children, we do not collect personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number or home address) from children (the “Personal Information”) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, except in limited circumstances authorized by law.
• We do not disclose any personal information about children to third parties, except to service providers necessary to provide the Service, as required by law, or to protect the security of the Service or other Subscribers.
• We collect some information (like IP address, mobile device UDID, operating system, etc.) automatically and use technology like cookies to provide functionality and support our operations. YouHue does not permit interest-based advertising on Sites or Apps directed to children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.
• We do not ask for more Personal Information than is necessary for a child to participate in an activity.
• We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing Personal Information.
• Information collected from Children (including personal information and information collected automatically) is never used or disclosed for third party advertising or for any first- or third-party behaviorally targeted advertising, and children’s personal information is never sold or rented to anyone, including marketers or advertisers.
• If we discover that we have collected information from a child in a manner inconsistent with COPPA, we will take appropriate steps to either delete the information, or immediately seek the parent’s consent for that collection.
• Parents can ask us to update or delete their children’s Personal Information. Parents can also revoke their consent and refuse the further use or collection of Personal Information from their child.
HOW DO WE NOTIFY PARENTS?
• We let the parent know through the YouHue Permission Form that the parent’s consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of any personal contact information for the child (the “Personal Information”), and that we will not collect, use, or disclose any Personal Information from the child if the parent does not provide such consent;
• We set forth the additional items of Personal Information that we may collect from the child, or the potential opportunities for the disclosure of Personal Information, should the parent provide consent;
• We let parent know how the parent can provide verifiable consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information.
WHAT CHILDREN’S INFORMATION IS VISIBLE TO OTHERS?
YouHue is a platform that allows Users to share information about their current moods to other Users. Children will be able to share their current moods with selected friends, family and teachers. That is all. No personal information about Children will be made public, ever.
HOW LONG DOES YOUHUE KEEP CHILDREN’S INFORMATION?
We only keep a Child’s personal information for as long as his or her account is active, unless we are required by law to retain it, need it to ensure the security of our community or our Service, or to enforce our Terms. YouHue operates a 2-tier Child data protection policy to protect all Children’s information:
• Minimal information: As mentioned before, YouHue collects the minimal amount of information from Children necessary to create accounts on our Service. Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, we ask Children for their age, and a parent or guardian’s email address if they are under 13 years of age so we can seek verifiable parental consent or provide parental notice (as applicable). Beyond this information, the YouHue student account does not allow Children the ability to enter any additional personal information to set up an account. In addition to the information entered by the child, we automatically collect some information from any use of our Service as set forth in the “Information Collected Automatically” section.
• One-year deletion policy for mood logs.
To protect Children, YouHue sets limits on how long Children's mood statuses are retained. For all Children, mood logs older than 12 months are automatically deleted, unless their parent chooses to retain them by creating their own associated account.
• Deleting inactive accounts:
If a Child’s account is inactive for twelve months or more (meaning the Child has not given a mood status update for twelve months or more) YouHue will automatically delete the student account, including all personal information provided by the Parents of the Children.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Child who has created a YouHue account and you did not receive an email seeking your consent or providing notice (as per COPPA), you can email us at email@example.com to have that child’s account deleted.
Any parents who want copies of their children’s personal information that we may have stored can contact us either by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. At any time, parents can refuse permission to collect further personal information from their Children, and can request that we delete the personal information we have collected from their child by contacting us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that deleting records may require us to terminate the account in question. Also remember that before we can share the information with you, or delete it per your request, we will need to verify your identity, for example by requiring that you provide acceptable forms of personal identification.
Process for parents accessing, deleting or withdrawing consent:
Should a parent wish to access or delete the information we've collected from their children they can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The email must contain all of the following :
1) the parent and account holder's email address
2) the child's first and last name
3) The parent's relationship to the child.
4) Proof of identity of the parent.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
There are currently two categories of Users on our Service: Children and other Users. We describe the information collected from Children under 13 in the section above. For other Users, we collect and store the following types of information:
• Contact Information: When you choose to provide us with your personal information through the Service in some other manner (e.g. when you send us an email asking a question, submit a support request, participate in a video testimonial about our Service, or choose to participate in any research efforts with YouHue to improve the Service).
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
The technologies and information we automatically collect include:
• Cookies and other similar technologies: A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. We (or our service providers) may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Service including, clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons”), “tags”, “scripts”, and “cookies”. We use both session and persistent cookies: a session cookie disappears after you close your browser; a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser (although it can be removed) and may be used by your browser to identify you on subsequent visits to the Service. We may also use, collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage. Like many services, YouHue uses these technologies to tailor the Service for you, and to help the Service work better for you.
• Device information: We collect device-specific information such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Service is performing, improve YouHue for you on your particular device, and send you push notifications if you’ve opted in to receive them.
• Log information: Like most online services, when you use our Service, we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. Examples include things like: Details of how you used our service, such as your activity on the Service, and the frequency and duration of your use of the YouHue App; IP Address; Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL. This information helps us make decisions about what we should work on next - for example, by showing which features are popular.
HOW DOES YOUHUE USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
We may use the Information we collect to:
• Administer the Services;
• Improve your browsing experience by the Services;
• Enable your access and use of parts of the Services;
• Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
• Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested;
• Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business, which we we think may of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed, by email;
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Services.
• Anonymous data may be used in internal business purposes or marketing /press purposes or its publication in the press.
• Provide and improve the Services, for example by developing new products and features
• To protect our community by making sure the Services remain safe and secure
We will not use your Information to:
• Provide to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing, without your express consent;
• For marketing purposes, without your express consent.
• YouHue does not permit marketing directed to children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.
• We never share Personal Information that we receive online from or about children under 13 with third parties.
We do not sell or rent any of your, or your child’s, personal information to any third party for any purpose - including for advertising or marketing purposes. We use the information we collect from you to provide you with the best YouHue experience.
WILL YOUHUE SHARE ANY INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
• Other Subscribers You Share and Communicate with on YouHue: No Children’s profiles are made available to the general public through the Services. Users’ mood logs are only shown to other Users to whom you have added on YouHue via username or are connected on Facebook.
• Third-party integrations on our Service: When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Service, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you invite others via Facebook, these services receive the information that you share through this functionality, and information that you are sharing from YouHue. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
• Analytics Services: We use analytics services, including mobile analytics software, to help us understand and improve how the Service is being used. These services may collect, store and use information in order to help us understand things like how often you use the Service, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. A current list of analytics providers that we use is located HERE [PLEASE INSERT HYPERLINK] .
• Aggregated Information and Non-Identifying Information: We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with the press for example, to demonstrate how YouHue is used, spot industry trends, or to provide marketing materials for YouHue. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
• Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to comply with the law, such as complying with a subpoena or other legal process. We may need to disclose personal information where, in good faith, we think it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of YouHue, our employees, our community, or others, or to prevent violations of our Terms of Service or other agreements. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests. Please see our Disclosures Section Below.
• With your consent: Other than the cases above, we won’t disclose your personal information for any purpose unless you consent to it. Additionally, as discussed above, we will never sell or rent your personal information to advertisers or other third parties.
This refers to disclosures to our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out below.
We may disclose your Information:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
• To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
• To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information.
• For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
• In the unlikely event that YouHue goes out of business, or files for bankruptcy, we will protect your personal information, and will not sell it to any third party.
HOW DOES YOUHUE PROTECT AND SECURE MY INFORMATION?
We take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your Information. We store all the Information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. In addition, your YouHue account is protected by a password. We will not ask you for your password except when you log into YouHue. You can help us protect against unauthorized access to your account by keeping your password secret at all times.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We work hard to protect our community, and we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure of or access to personal information. In particular:
• Our engineering team is dedicated to keeping your personal information secure
• We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems;
• We continually develop and implement features to keep your personal information safe - for example, when you enter any information anywhere on the Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS) by default;
• We ensure passwords are stored and transferred securely using encryption.
• We automatically delete inactive Children’s accounts after a specific period of time.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the full security of data sent over the internet. Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% sure. Outages, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) so that you can take appropriate protective steps; for example, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.YouHue.com) or elsewhere on the Service, and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
HOW CAN I ACCESS AND MANAGE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
YouHue aims to provide you with easy access to any personal information we have collected about you. If that information is incorrect, we give you easy ways to update it, or to delete it, unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business (e.g., we need at least an email address for your account) or legal purposes.
• Updating Your Information: You may update, correct, or delete some of your profile information or your preferences at any time by logging into your account on YouHue and accessing your account settings page. You may have to verify your identity before you can do that. You may also, at any time, update, correct, or delete certain personal information that you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active content, users that have previously accessed the content may still have access to old copies cached on their device or may have copied and stored your content. In addition, we may retain a backup copy of the prior version for a limited period of time or for legal purposes.
• Accessing Your Child’s Information: You may update your Child’s information by logging into their account YouHue and updating it in their account settings page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
If for some reason you ever want to delete your YouHue account (or your child’s YouHue account, if you are his or her parent), you can do that at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
When you delete your account, we delete your profile information and any other content you provide in your profile (such as your username, password, and email address). Information that you have shared with others, others have shared about you, or content other users may have copied and stored, is not part of your account and may not be deleted when you delete your account.
WHAT COMMUNICATIONS WILL I RECEIVE FROM YOUHUE?
If you registered on YouHue, provided an email to us, or otherwise opted-in to receive communications from us, we may send you messages and updates regarding your account, including privacy and security notices, updates regarding the Service, and information regarding products, features or services from YouHue. These communications may include, but are not limited to, social media updates, SMS/MMS messages, push notifications, email, and postal mail. If you have an account with us, we’ll also use your email address to contact you for customer service purposes, or for any legal matters that arise in the course of business.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your device supports it. We use this confirmation to help us understand which emails are most interesting and helpful. You can always unsubscribe from receiving any of our email or other communications whenever you’d like by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any YouHue email, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if we ever make significant changes to the types of personal information we collect from children, or how we use it, we will notify parents in order to obtain parental consent or notice for those new practices.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Subscribers of our software and services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communications. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do if they receive these signals. YouHue currently does not respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or similar mechanisms. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Sites or use the YouHue Service.
Our Services are owned and operated by or on behalf of YouHue, Inc., a Delaware Company with offices at:
16192 Coastal Hwy
Lewes, DE 19958
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS:
If you have any concerns, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A SPECIAL NOTE TO KIDS:
If you are under 13, you should get your parent's or legal guardian's permission before giving out your contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, or any other Personal Information, to YouHue or to anyone else.